The fundamental rule to follow is applying Antioxidant to food product is to ensure that the antioxidants are thoroughly dissolved and dispersed in the fat or oil portion.
However, there are choices of methods of application, depending on the products, processing methods and available equipment’s for addition of TBHQ.
- Direct Method
- Spray method
- Anti-oxidant concentration method
- Proportionate method
- Vegetable oils Viz. Cotton Seeds Oil, Soya bean oil, Mustard oil, coconut oil, Sunflower oil, Cannola oil, Palm oil, Groundnut oil, Rice bran oil. Baked and confectionary Products. Cosmetics , Edible Fats, Emulsifiers, Flavouring and spices, Margarine, Snack foods like Fried Potato chips, Instant Noodles, Citrus oils, Butter fats, Fried Nuts, Pat Foods, Cereal and Grains, Lard, Essential oils like Peppermint oil, Orange oil etc.
- In Crude Oil and Bio-Diesel
- Excellent antioxidant potency can be obtained in edible oils and fats
- Reduction in nutritional losses
- Extended storage life
- Crude oil can be transported maintaining their quality.